Monday, March 23, 2009

New Epping to Chatswood Line

Today I had a chance to ride the new Epping to Chatwood train line. This line is about 10Kms and has stops in North Ryde where I got on after a meeting there. The station is beautiful and big and clearly not crowded!

There were three flights of escalators to get to the train so the tunnel is pretty deep. I would say it is about 5 or 6 stories underground. The escalator has a special power saving mode so that when nobody is travelling on it, it slows right down. As soon as you step on it accelerates.

The sign posting and information available is great.

The trains are the new ones that suck too much electricity for other lines. They have new moving LED signs in each carriage that tell you the next stop name. Very comfortable and smooth transport.

(photos taken on my new iPhone - loving it)

































2 comments:

farmergordon said...

Wow looks good. Almost same as Britomart. Maybe same guys desighned this. Iphone is doing a great job of quick pics especially with 3g being fast to send. Hows the GPS app going? there are quite afe free ones to try

Grizzler said...

The iPhone is pretty good bordering on awesome. I am taking notes and will write a review in a few days.
I haven't figured out the new GPS app you told me to download but it seems to show me where I am at any time which will be pretty useful when I travel.