Monday, May 17, 2010

Couple of Useful Services

I have used two services for several months now and can vouch for them:

This is a file sharing website. Its excellent and saves you having to remember to carry around your USB memory stick. The free service lets you store up to 1GB "in the cloud" which basically means it is stored out there on the Internet. You can share with others and it keeps versions of your files so you don't lose any information. It's fast, easy to use and very functional. You can even edit most file types online.

This is great for accessing computers remotely. I use it to log into my home computers from work to setup torrents or whatever (e.g., forgot to bring a file so I can log in and share onto Zoho then download it to work). I also use it to shutdown the kids computers when they forget! NB: Works best with FireFox or IE. Doesn't work well with Chrome/Iron.

No comments: