Saturday, May 9, 2009

New Display for the Rugby Scoreboard

After a field trial with the last display I decided to upgrade to a bigger and brighter one!

Here is the new display. They tell me that yellow is the most visible in daylight - hence the ones on the side of the road being yellow.

With two lines I can show more information.

The hood is once again made of boxed anodized aluminium with plastic connectors. The 'pole' is an aluminium fence post standing six feet tall!

My mate Daryl is making a base for the stand with wheels on it so that it can be easily shifted around.

This display uses quite a bit more power so I am having to run it off a small car battery which will also add ballast to base.









Check out those bolts and brackets!

The hood is made to withstand a fall but I doubt the LED display will handle such a fall.

No comments: